Obsessed with Nyan Cat

Have you ever heard of Nyan Cat?  Nyan Cat is a YouTube video sensation that merges a Japanese pop song with an adorably animated cartoon cat with the body of a pop-tart.  The best part is that the cat is flying through space leaving a rainbow trail behind it.  I know, it sounds crazy, but once you watch it it's like you instantly become hooked!  The video ranked number 5 on the list of most viewed YouTube videos in 2011.  I couldn't believe I hadn't seen this video sooner.  Here it is, so check it out!


I think it's by far the most adorable thing I've seen on the internet in a long time.  Once I started doing some digging, I ended up finding the Nyan Cat website, where I also found out that there are all sorts of Nyan Cat "flavors".  Basically they took the Nyan Cat idea to another level by creating holiday versions, other food varieties, and even some off the wall ones like Zombie Nyan Cat and the villainous Tac Nayn (which is Nyan Cat spelled backwards).

Now, the best part of this meme is the fan art that it has produced.  People have turned Nyan Cat into their personal plushies, paitings, jewelry, and so much more.  There are now even games available for iPhone and Android.  I was inspired by other crochet works I saw to create my own Nyan Cat scarf.  Isn't it adorable?


This was sorta my first attempt at it and I ran into a few speed bumps that I would probably change for the next one I make. I can't really tell if the fact that the eyes and legs being so big add to the charm of the scarf or if I should change that!?

I'm thinking that I might need to play around with it and see what I come up with, but I still love it regardless! I can't wait to wear it out and about tomorrow! This has of course sparked some other ideas in me that I can't wait to make, like maybe a matching hat, fingerless gloves, and of course an applique to put on just about EVERYTHING! Hehe!

Stay tuned for more Nyan Cat fun in the near future!  :D

Happy crocheting!
Chassity O.

No comments:

Post a Comment